Saturday, June 14, 2008

Summer Rush

So living where we are at the pool everyday and all day has made me really plan my meals because the last thing I want to do is come home with two tired and hungry children and try to entertain them for an hour while I plan and fix dinner. So the beginning of this week I cooked all my meat for the week and put it into containers in the fridge. It worked out amazing! It is going to be my new routine. I cooked 2 lbs of ground turkey. 1/2 a pound of it I put taco seasoning in. I cooked up some chicken and put it in the fridge and I baked some potatoes. Then all week when we got home I gave the kids the list of things they could have for dinner which included
Taco's
Taco Salad (more for me and Jeff)
Baked Potato with fixings
Baked Potato with stroganoff
Sloppy Jo's
Chicken and rice
Spaghetti

Dinner took max 15 minutes because all I had to do was heat everything up or cook noodles for spaghetti and I got to spend more time with my kids. I have my menu all planned out for next week also. I just wanted to share my quick tip with everyone now that summer is here and schedules get crazy and nobody wants to cook.

No comments: