Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Crock Pot Salsa Chicken

4 chicken breast halves (mine were frozen)
1 can corn
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 can chicken broth
1 cup salsa

Place ingredients into crock pot cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Verdict: This has GREAT flavor. I am not a salsa or spicy fan at all. I even kept the salsa out for awhile debating on whether or not to put it in. I decided to include it after all and I was so glad I did. This was not spicy at all but had great flavor and spices to it. I shredded the chicken during the last hour. This has a lot of liquid and makes a great soup or you can do what I did as I was running out the door to class and I just pulled out some chicken and corn and beans and wrapped it in a tortilla with sour cream and cheese. It was so good! My kids ate it as a soup with Frito's, sour cream, and shredded cheese. The chicken and corn and beans would also be good over a salad. The flavor they get from cooking all day is really good.

No comments: