Thursday, October 9, 2008

Cheesy Chicken Italiano

I got this recipe out of one of my Kraft foods cookbooks.
3 cups rotini pasta (1/2 lb)
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 jar (14 oz) spaghetti sauce
6 oz Velveeta pasteurized Prepared Cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes

Cook Pasta as directed on package

Heat large skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 2 min on each side. Add sauce; cover and simmer on low heat 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (165 degree F) Add velveeta; stir until melted.

Drain pasta; top with chicken and sauce

I served this with green salad and cucumbers.

Verdict: I liked it. It wasn't amazing or memorable but I like it. My kids LOVED it. They both ate it right up and asked for seconds. My four year old made the comment out loud that he really loved this dinner and I should make it all the time.

No comments: