Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Best Pancakes!

1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 heaping teaspoon baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 egg
1 1/4 cup buttermilk (or substitute, see below)
1/4 cup oil

Mix it all up and pour onto a preheated skillet in desired pancake sizes and shapes. My kids prefer Mickey Mouse shaped ones. I like em big and fluffy. We have these at least once a week for dinner. So easy and yummy. I freeze the leftovers if/when we have any for breakfasts for the coming week. I like mine with peanut butter and syrup and with summer coming I have more fruit in the house so I'll start doing that instead. My kids like them with syrup and sometimes jam or peanut butter. So yum!

**Buttermilk substitution. I never have buttermilk so I use the one TBS of vinegar for one cup of regular milk. I mix that together at the beginning and let it sit until I have everything else mixed together then add it. Comes out perfect every time. To make dairy free make the buttermilk with Soy milk.

No comments: