Friday, August 1, 2008

Tortilla Chip Casserole

1 lb ground beef
onion chopped
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2-1 cup of Sour Cream (I usually go with the 1 cup)
1/2 cup water
tortilla chips
shredded cheese
olives (optional)

Brown the ground beef and then add the onion and cook until onion is softened. Add olives and can of stewed tomatoes. Set aside.
In another bowl mix soup, sour cream and water.
Layer twice in a casserole dish chips, meat mixture, soup mixture, cheese
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

This is a family favorite. I always have these ingredients and even without the onion it tastes great. It's really fast and easy to throw together and makes great leftovers. I never put the olives in because I really, really, really dislike olives. I usually break up the tortilla chips a little bit so they are smaller pieces and I don't know how much shredded cheese was called for in the original recipe. I usually just sprinkle how much my family likes. I also save more of the soup mixture for the top so all the chips get covered. My ratio for that is more like 1/4 and then 3/4 on the top.

No comments: